Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rare Books on Sale in Woodmere

A warehouse check turned up some books that were thought to be no longer available: The Science of Torah, Mysterious Creatures and The Camel, The Hare And The Hyrax. Although the first two titles have now been republished in vastly improved versions (The Challenge of Creation and Sacred Monsters), the original titles may still be of interest to those who collect original banned books - complete with haskamos! I have the remaining stock with me in Woodmere, where I will be for the next few days - if you want to come over and purchase these titles, or any of my other books, please write to me at zoorabbi@zootorah.com to arrange a time.

8 comments:

Ari E-B said...

1 - How much?
2 - Are you willing to ship domestically for those of us outside the NY area?

Anonymous said...

How Much?

Larry Tanner said...

I just purchased the Challenge of Creation. I've only started flipping through its pages but I can tell it's an even-handed and scholarly work. I appreciate your efforts. Thanks!

Nachum said...

Ah, but R' Slifkin, where can I find your first two books, so I can have a complete set?

I also asked at the Jerusalem Zoo about your book for them and they hadn't heard of it. Any tips?

Anonymous said...

I just saw the Medrash in this week's Parshas Eikev Is it true That the Raven Chicks eat gnats from there Fecal matter because their parents wont feed them?

Anonymous said...

There is another one in this weeks Parsha Eikev:The poison spiting hornets are they real do they exist?

Anonymous said...

How about doing a Post about Chagavim this weeks Parsha?

Anonymous said...

Is anyone going to answer these questions?